Here's Where I'm At...

I've deleted a lot of Facebook friends because of this election.

I don't think they're bad people, and I don't harbor any ill-will but currently their support of Trump is triggering.

I understand that my continued support of HRC could be upsetting and I'm welcoming to any and everyone with a differing opinion to discontinue their following of me. I welcome it with open arms.

Because while I don't think everyone that voted Trump is a racist, bigot, misogynist... I do think that they are a-okay with all of those things.

I am not.

If you voted for Trump, you're an enabler. You're alright with him saying horrible things about people that I and countless people that I know and love fall into those categories and that's not alright with me.

If you didn't vote Trump and you didn't vote for HRC, you're not in the clear either. Because you were a bystander- - - and really how many schoolyard lessons must we learn before we move past this Bystander Effect. Your vote for a third party or even a write in allowed for this to happen.

You essentially while keeping your conscience clear- allowed a man to take office that doesn't respect me or my loved ones.

And I'm not okay with that.

To be clear- I respect your right to vote for whichever candidate you so choose. Because that's America. (However, if you wrote in Harambe, know that I effectively hate you.)

But know that the America that allows you to vote for whoever, is the America that is for EVERYONE and not a selective few.

I hope if you voted for Trump, and you say that you aren't racist, bigoted, or misogynistic  will fight if and when Trump tries to take away so many things that benefit the those people: Roe v. Wade, Marriage Equality, ACA, Immigration, etc.

Because we need you now.

If you're a person of privilege- please help the rest of us.

xo,

KJB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...