Here's To The Gilmore Girls

So I have unfortunately not made it through the entire series in time for this weekend's upcoming main event, Gilmore Girls: A Year In The Life.

It's unfortunate to say the least... But mom and I tried our damnedest. We made it through seasons one through three in two weeks, a nearly impossible feat when you consider that we have lives.

We may have made it a little bit closer to the series finale- but this week I was fighting with the Girls. I was angry at myself for not starting this marathon binge sooner when we could've done a respectable two episodes a day instead of needing to do eight a day to be ready. Then there was the season finale of three- where Rory and Jess break up, and that truly messed me up. I'm still trying to understand why I took it so hard when I didn't even take it that hard when it originally aired... but I digress.

I have compiled a list of the BEST episodes to watch, and I have a hard time choosing- so by all means-- there's no way you could get through my list before November 25th but hey- I can't change.

I would like nothing more than to not watch the revival until I have painstakingly watched each 22 episode season. But I just don't have that kind of time- and I WILL NOT HAVE IT SPOILED.

Season One:

Episode 1*: Pilot
Episode 2*: The Lorelai's First Day At Chilton
Episode 3*: Kill Me Now
Episode 4: The Deer Hunters
Episode 6: Rory's Birthday Parties
Episode 9: Rory's Dance
Episode 10*: Forgiveness and Stuff
Episode 12: Double Date
Episode 13: Concert Interruptus
Episode 14: That Damn Donna Reed
Episode 15: Christopher Returns
Episode 16: Star Crossed Lovers and Other Strangers
Episode 17: The Breakup, Part 2
Episode 18: The Third Lorelai
Episode 19*: Emily in Wonderland
Episode 20: P.S. I Lo...
Episode 21: Love, Daisies and Troubadours

In all of the articles on what episodes to what- Season One is on the board for the most episodes- honestly- it sets up the whole series... 

Season Two:

Episode 1: Sadie, Sadie
Episode 3: Red Light on the Wedding Night
Episode 4: The Road Trip to Harvard
Episode 5: Nick & Nora/Sid & Nancy
Episode 6: Presenting Lorelai Gilmore
Episode 7*: Like Mother, Like Daughter
Episode 9: Run Away, Little Boy
Episode 10: The Bracebridge Dinner
Episode 13: A-Tisket, A-Tasket
Episode 14: It Should've Been Lorelai
Episode 15: Lost and Found
Episode 16*: There's the Rub
Episode 17: Dead Uncles and Vegetables
Episode 19: Teach Me Tonight
Episode 21*: Lorelai's Graduation Day
Episode 22 *:  I Can't Get Started

Season Three:

Episode 1: Those Lazy- Hazy-Crazy Days
Episode 2: Haunted Leg
Episode 3*: Application Anxiety
Episode 5: Eight O'Clock at the Oasis
Episode 6: Take the Deviled Eggs...
Episode 7*: They Shoot Gilmore, Don't They?
Episode 8: Let The Games Begin
Episode 9: A Deep-Fried Korean Thanksgiving
Episode10: That'll Do Pig
Episode 13: Dear Emily and Richard
Episode 16: The Big One
Episode 17: A Tale of Poes and Fire
Episode 19: Keg! Max!
Episode 20: Say Goodnight, Gracie
Episode 21*: Here Comes The Son
Episode 22*: Those Are Strings, Pinocchio

While watching seasons 1-3, I was grateful that there was no, "Previously On..." But then as if they knew- starting with Season four, that's exactly how each episode starts.... Bless You, ASP. 

Season Four:

Episode 1*: Ballrooms and Biscotti
Episode 2*: The Lorelai's First Day at Yale
Episode 5: The Fundamental Things Apply
Episode 6: An Affair to Remember
Episode 8: Die, Jerk
Episode 9*: Ted Koppel's Big Night Out
Episode 10: The Nanny and the Professor
Episode 11: In the Clamor and the Clangor
Episode 12: A Family Matter
Episode 13*: Nag Hammadi Is Where They Found the Gnostic Gospels
Episode 15: Scene in a Mall
Episode 16: The Reigning Lorelai
Episode 17: Girls in Bikinis, Boys Doin' The Twist
Episode 18: Tick, Tick, Tick, Boom!
Episode 20: Luke Can See Her Face
Episode 21*: Last Week Fights, This Week Tights
Episode 22*: Raincoats and Recipes

Season Five:

Episode 1: Say Goodbye to Daisy Miller
Episode 2: A Messenger, Nothing More
Episode 3*: Written in The Stars
Episode 4: Tippecanoe and Taylor, Too
Episode 5*: We Got Us A Pippi Virgin
Episode 7*: You Jump, I Jump, Jack
Episode 8*: The Party's Over
Episode 11: Women of Questionable Morals
Episode 12: Come Home
Episode 13*: Wedding Bell Blues
Episode 17*: Pulp Friction
Episode 18: To Live and Let Diorama
Episode 19*: But I'm a Gilmore!
Episode 22*: A House Is Not a Home

Season Six:

Episode 1: New and Improved Lorelai
Episode 2: Fight Face
Episode 4*: Always a Godmother, Never a God
Episode 5*: We've Got Magic to Do
Episode 7: Twenty-One is the Loneliest Number
Episode 9: The Prodigal Daughter Returns
Episode 10*: He's Slipping' 'Em Bread... Dig?
Episode 12: Just Like Gwen and Gavin
Episode 15: A Vineyard Valentine
Episode 16 *: Bridesmaids Revisited
Episode 17*: I'm OK, You're OK
Episode 18*: The Real Paul Anka
Episode 19: I Get a Sidekick Out of You
Episode 20: Super Cool Party People
Episode 21: Driving Miss Gilmore
Episode 22*: Partings

Season Seven:

I'm gonna be honest- reading through the synopsis of each episode on Wikipedia- I can honestly say a majority of the episodes don't ring a bell...

Episode 1*: The Long Marrow
Episode 3*: Lorelai's First Cotillion
Episode 4: 'S Wonderful, 'S Marvelous
Episode 5: The Great Stink
Episode 6: Go, Bulldogs!
Episode 7: French Twist
Episode 8*: Introducing Lorelai Planetarium
Episode 9: Knit, People, Knit!
Episode 10: Merry Fisticuffs
Episode 11: Santa's Secret Stuff
Episode 12: To Whom It May Concern
Episode 14: Farewell, My Pet
Episode 15*: I Am Kayak, Hear Me Roar
Episode 16: Will You Be My Lorelai Gilmore?
Episode 17*: Gilmore Girls Only
Episode 18: Hay Bale Maze
Episode 19: It's Just Like Riding a Bike
Episode 20*: Lorelai? Lorelai?
Episode 21*: Unto the Breach
Episode 22*: Bon Voyage

*MUST SEE EPISODES, as if each episode isn't a must see episode!

So here we are. I plan on going back and starting season four over and doing it right.


Copper Boom
xo,

KJB

Something exciting to look into, Gilmore Guys, a podcast available on iTunes. I'm starting from the pilot that aired October 2014- it's comedic GOLD! Check it out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...