Met Gala 2017 Red Carpet Review

Yesterday was the First Monday in May... so naturally, today we're going to go in on the Met Gala Red Carpet, buckle up!

This year, the exhibition is “Rei Kawakubo/Comme des Garçons: Art of the In-Between.” 

The suggestion for attire was avant garde... some stuck to the theme, some didn't.


Anna Wintour in Chanel, FUN FACT: it's basically always Chanel
Anna Wintour always be slaying!

Bee Shaffer in Alexander McQueen
Just like I always want to see what Anna Wintour wears, I always want to see what her daughter, Bee is gonna wear. She is an extension of Wintour after all!

Bella Hadid in Alexander Wang
Bella Hadid killed the carpet. This is what you wear when you're gonna see your ex with his new gf!

Bella wins.
Kendall Jenner in La Perla
Kendall Jenner is KILLING IT!

What more is there to say?!

Lily Collins in Giambattista Valli
I'm OBSESSED with this look! Obsessed. It's on theme while also being more high brow fashion. I LOVE THIS!

Mandy Moore in Michael Kors Collection
Moore is a STUNNER in this dress! I love the glove, I love everything about this.


Rihanna in Comme des Garcon
Rihanna sticks to a theme, and I kinda sorta love this, she may just be my best dressed!

Kylie Jenner in Versace
I'm gonna hate myself for saying this, but I'm not mad at this look.

Tracee Ellis Ross in Comme des Garcon
I love Tracee and I love this ensemble. I literally want this to wear to our next exhibition opening!

Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen in Tom Ford and Stella McCartney, respectively
This couple stays SLAYING!

Stella Maxwell in custom H&M
I was shocked to find out that H&M was a sponsor for the event. Even more shocked to see all their custom work on the red carpet. While Nicki Minaj was a miss- this look on Maxwell is STUNNING!

Ruth Negga in Valentino
I'm actually really into this. I'm not sure why. But I am.

Laura Dern in Gabriela Hearst
Dern is slaying. It's a bit tame in for the theme, but it sticks to it well.

Gigi Hadid in Tommy Hilfiger
Gigi aside from Anwar, is the worst dressed Hadid at the Met Ball... I'm not even sure what to say or think. I can say at least she stuck with the theme.

Naomi Watts in Stella McCartney
Watts is literally SERVING some serious looks.

Jessica Chastain in Prada
Not exactly avant garde, like at all. But I'm not mad about it. Jessica Chastain is EVERYTHING.

La La Anthony in custom Thai Nguyen Atelier
YAAAASSSSS La La! YES! This is how you seek revenge, rise above and do so so so much better. Forget you, Melo.

Laura Osnes in Christian Siriano
LIVING FOR THIS. The skirt is basically pink roses, and now I want it.

Rita Ora in custom Marchesa
Ora looks like she's a pretty Christmas present and could walk in the VS Fashion Show come December. But I'm not mad at it.

Priyanka Chopra in Ralph Lauren
I'm here for this trench coat. I would prefer an over the knee boot. But I also would settle for a taller or shorter bootie as well.

Rami Malek in Dior Homme
The red. The black. I can't even.

Diane Kruger in Prada
To steal the words from a loathsome character of A Cinderella Story, "love the dress, hate her."

Emma Roberts in Diane von Furstenberg
I am LIVING for Roberts' in this DVF! The red, the pink fur- she is giving me Chanel Oberlin aesthetic feels and I am HERE for it!

Carly Steel in Christian Siriano

I have no idea who Carly Steel is, but I AM HERE FOR CHRISTIAN SIRIANO! Clearly the headpiece is what puts this on theme, but like this dress is everything!

Cara Delevingne in Chanel
I think Cara let her upcoming movie about aliens get the best of her... but besides the "bald" silver head- I'm in to it.
Zendaya in Dolce & Gabbana Alta Moda
Zendaya always slays. Not a fan of the parrots, cause this isn't Pirates of the Caribbean, but the whole look is AMAZING!

Yolanda Hadid and Anwar
Apparently the WHOLE Hadid family attended, well not Muhammad... but do we ever remember Muhammad?

Yolanda slayed. More so than Gigi in my humble opinion, but Anwar leaves a lot to be desired.

Hailey Baldwin in Caroline Herrera
Baldwin looks great, but like... this is a prom dress for 2017 or something Scheana Shay will wear in her second wedding.

Katie Lee
Katie Lee looks great, but boring... and also-- anyone else shocked this Food Network Host made the elusive guest list?!

Isabelle Huppert in Dior
Huppert slayed the Oscars, and this is just... a dud. Like I suppose she stuck with the avant garde theme, but it's just boring.

Gwyneth Paltrow
Gwyneth just LOVES pale pink dresses, and I really wish she would stop. Like she looks fine, but I'm not impressed.

Jenna Lyons and Paul Feig
I'm not sure about Lyons' outfit, I do know it follows the theme.

Most WTF:

Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen
Like what even is this, Olsen Twins?! Like you are designers and like... it's not exactly avant garde, and it's not even inherently absurd, it's just bad...

I'm really unable.

Well there you have it. KJB's Met Gala 2017 Review! This exhibition opens to the public May 3 and is on view until September 4, in a perfect world-- I'd make it to NYC. But that's doubtful. Oh, well. Pictures will just have to do.


Shout out to The New York Times... & If you wanna see more head over to Vogue...

xo,

KJB

Photos courtesy of Vogue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...