MCM: Michael Shanoudi Meets World

It's time for another MCM feature... this week it's all about Peanut, but you can call him Michael!



Can you tell me about your background? School?

I was born and raised in Ashburn, VA which is a city outside of DC and basically played sports for fun all my life until high school. Went to the University of Akron to study Marketing and I would say it is by far the best decision of my life so far.

What do you do for a living?

I am a Marketing coordinator for a CyberSecurity company here in Arlington, VA

If you’re not doing it, what would your dream job be?

Oh, being the Chief Marketing Officer for a major sports apparel or sports focus company.

How important is social media to your business?

It is huge! I run the social media sites for my company and it is big just because not a lot of people know what we do, let only that we exist. So, I got make sure I update it every single day.

What would you say is your personal brand is?

Lol honestly, I have no Idea, hopefully just a guy a lot of people like to be around because I am a social person.

What can others learn from you?

That no matter how tough things get or how much people tell you “you can’t do this”, you should always go for what you want in life no matter what.



How do you do under pressure? How do you handle stress?

I think I do well under pressure, I had a lot of practice when I took on leadership roles in high school and college. I learn that if you add stress to already mess up situation it will just make it worse, best to be level headed and take on the challenge.

What’s the average day in the life of Peanut look like?

Weekdays- wake up, pray, go to work, work out, make dinner, watch something on TV, and go to bed lol

Weekends- usually with family or friends depending on the day


Do you/Did you have a mentor/mentee?

I do my mentor is my Dad, cliché I know, but he has always been there when I need his advice and has exactly the right thing to say in every situation.

How did you advance your career?

Just keep looking until one stuck, I use to work for a hotel, a racing company, etc. until it landed me here. I would say I am still at the job level, and I have not found my career yet.

Why do you do what you do?

I think I am good at it, honestly because I love the whole marketing scene. Where you can take a brand and you can make it into something out of this world with the right marketing and advertising.

Who or what is your greatest inspiration?

My Parents, they came from Egypt to this country and work their butts off to be where they are today and they were successful. I mean that’s what makes want to succeed, I want to return the favor to them one day.


What do you feel is your greatest accomplishment?

Being President of the greatest fraternity, Phi Kappa Tau at the University of Akron. It was an honor to know that my brothers wanted me to be the one to lead them that year. I hope I did a good enough job in their eyes.

Do you have a ‘must have’ accessory? Or something you feel is your signature look?

My necklace my Grandma gave me before she passed. Wear it no matter what. 

What advice can you give others that look towards you to gauge success?

I think if you feel successful that means you are satisfied. Always be hungry to get where you need to be, a hungry man will out will anyone to be successful. 

What advice can you give on failure?

Best advice was ever given, failure is just pot holes on the road to your goals. If you did not fail that means you did not try, and if you failed only once that means you do not try all the different ways that it takes to get for your goals.

What was your big break?

IDK, do not think my big break has happen yet.


Are you a member of any organizations? Trade Organizations, etc.

Phi Kappa Tau alumni council

What’s next for you?


Hopefully, a new job here soon that will be a step towards a career instead of job. Going to get masters here shortly in Business. It’s all in God’s hands.



Thanks Michael (Peanut)!

xo,

KJB

Follow Michael here: @Shanu471

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...