WCW: Manderz Meets World

Happy Wednesday! We're halfway through another week and next week is August! CAN YOU EVEN BELIEVE THAT?!

Meet this week's Woman Crush Wednesday, the amazing Amanda Marotta aka Manderz!



Can you tell me about your background? School? 
I went to the university of Akron and graduated at the age of 20 with my bachelors in communications a minor in consumer marketing

What do you do for a living?
I do blogging and social media for a company based out of California! 


If you’re not doing it, what would your dream job be?
Owning my own coffee shop or an animal rescue place! 

How important is social media to your business?
It is extremely important because my job is in the social media and website design industry

 What would you say is your personal brand is?

What can others learn from you?
I really try to embrace your beauty and not cutting yourself down so whenever you say something negative about yourself like "my thighs are too big" I say you have to say something you love about yourself--just to remind yourself that you are beautiful and society's standards do not define beauty.  


How do you do under pressure? How do you handle stress?
I actually feed off of stress, I love a hectic busy schedule!

What’s the average day in the life of Manderz look like? 
I am blessed with the opportunity to work from home for my job so I have a pretty flexible day that I get to spend time with my family and friends. My employer encourages working around your life not living your life around work. I usually workout with my brother in the morning then go grab coffee with him. I then do my work for the day and try to go for an afternoon walk with my parents and dogs. Then I guess my evening plans depend on who is free ðŸ™ˆ (hopefully that doesn't sound lame) 


Do you/Did you have a mentor/mentee?
I think my older sister has always been the best mentor in my life. I truly aspire to be like her. She is the most incredible human being and I am obsessed with her. She is selfless, funny, motivated and gives amazing advice. I always look to her for advice! 



How did you advance your career?
I think internships and real world experience help a lot when you're looking to advance. Currently, I am in an entry level type position but I am always looking to help out the company in more ways and advance by being the person they can always count on. 

Why do you do what you do?
I am fascinated by the concept of social media marketing and how you can market a company for free while making an impact on certain ages and genders. I also think this career allows me to be creative which was a key when I was looking for a job!

How would you describe your personal style?
I love just wearing simple colors. I am not really a pattern person, but I love the colors white and black so I guess I would describe my style as simple! 


What makes up your wardrobe?
I am really obsessed with all things make up. I think that I spend way too much money on make up rather than how some people buy a lot of clothing or shoes. I think my outfit is never complete with out the perfect lipstick. 

Who is your fashion icon?
I LOVE everything about Lauren Conrad's style and her beauty book. She's an style inspiration! 

What do you feel is your greatest accomplishment?
I think my greatest accomplishment is graduating college at such a young age! 


What advice can you give others that look towards you to gauge success?
Don't measure your success off of how other people's lives played out. We all have different destinies and futures. Do not let society tell you you're not good enough because you're not full time right away and not working for a top company. Everything happens in the perfect time. 

What advice can you give on failure?
Failing makes us stronger and teaches us lessons for the future. It's difficult not to be hard on ourselves but I always feel positivity is key. 

What was your big break?
I think it will come one day :) hopeful 


Are you a member of any organizations? Trade Organizations, etc.
I volunteer with secondhand mutts to help dogs find their forever home! 

What’s next for you? 
Definitely always looking for a new travel adventure!! Denver, fingers crossed!!


Thanks, Manderz!

xo,

KJB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...