WCW: Ajaj Meets World

Hey y'all! Happy Wednesday! It's back to our regularly scheduled programming... so let's jump into Woman Crush Wednesday! 

Meet Ajaj! 


Can you tell me about your background? School? I’m a granny now, but I went to Brenau University in a small town in North Georgia for a short period to study Fashion Merchandising. During winter break of my Sophomore year, I realized I wasn’t happy, over worked, and tired, so I quit, lol, to gain real experiences. 

What do you do for a living? I’m a flight attendant and soon to be blogger. Keep a look out for my new blog coming soon! 

If you’re not doing it, what would your dream job be? I’m definitely living the dream right now, but, if I could have taken a different course, I’d probably be content creator for youtube, a blogger, and a small business owner selling cool things to subscribers and supporters. I’ve always been fascinated with the life of successful youtubers. 

How important is social media to your business? Super important. I haven’t launched my blog yet (it’s still in the creation/baby stages), but I use my social media to reach friends and fellow creators. It’s super cool that technology has advanced enough to be one click away from some inspirational people. I want to be an influencer for others as well. I've always had fun meeting people through social media (two of my best friends I met through Tumblr), so it’s exciting and refreshing to make friends with people who are interested in you and interesting all on their own. 

What would you say is your personal brand is? I have an eye for the modern and sleek, which is what my blog will reflect. I also want women to know themselves, love themselves, and build themselves up while building up others. It’s so important for women to stand up for other women, regardless of race, gender, identity… Intersectional feminism is the only kind of feminism that matters. I want to be that voice for women. My corner of the internet is a place for everyone to come, learn about themselves, experience the best life that they can, while looking and feeling great. 

What can others learn from you? How to be true to themselves. I’m always quick to admit my faults and I know I’m not perfect. No one is. It’s super important to remain true to yourself and never let anyone deter you from your goals and dreams.

How do you do under pressure? How do you handle stress? I EAT, BREATHE, SLEEP STRESS! I work in a high stress environment, but I love it. There’s something about taking control of an entire cabin (woot woot— I’m currently on a trip, where I’m flying lead) that makes you feel like a total badass! Whenever times get tough, I “woosah” a little. I have to remember that I can’t control everything, but the things I CAN control don’t 



What’s the average day in the life of Ajaj look like? I either wake up super early, or I’m sleeping in! On a day where I’m working and I have an early show time, I’m hustling to get to the airport. Once I check in, meet my crew, get my position for the trip, I’m off to the gate. Safety is my number one priority in the sky, so I’m making sure everything within my control is safe and then we’re off. I spend a lot of time in hotels, in different cities, but it’s fun! I enjoy getting to meet new people whether they’re crew or passengers. 

Do you/Did you have a mentor/mentee? Once I asked Danielle Bernstein of We Wore What to be my mentor! Go big or go home right?! She was getting ready for fashion week, so she was too busy, but she was awesome and super nice. I’ve followed her career for ages and I still look up to her very much. I can’t say that I’ve got a mentor unless it’s a crew member more senior than me that I love to be around. My sorority little (big up AGD) recently told me she looked up to me during our time together at BU. She called me her mentor and told be she wanted to be just like me. It’s kinda scary hearing that someone looks up to me, but also very empowering. And even though I had a hard time personally in college, I was super honored that someone actually looked up to me during a time where I was struggling so bad. Just goes to show that composure and a good attitude really pay off! So far one of my biggest mentors is a health and sex blogger over at the site VforVadge.com. She’s been an encouraging force behind me for starting a blog, and she’s even let me blog for her!

How did you advance your career? I got this job by my mom pushing me to pursue a pipe dream I had of being the quintessential “air hostess”. While advancing literally means I pass recurrent training every year, I also advance as a person—constantly having to communicate and be surrounded by others. 

Why do you do what you do? I do it because I have a passion for flying and this lifestyle. As much as FA’s say how tired and fed up we are, we all really love the job because there are so many opportunities. 

How would you describe your personal style? I have absolutely no idea!! I have a very preppy vibe, but I mix it in with trendy pieces. I love prep, but I also love that whole "instagram baddie” look too. I also absolutely love the whole feminine, boho goddess look. Somehow I’ve managed to integrate the two, while mixing in fun, funky pieces. 



What makes up your wardrobe? There is A LOT of athlesure wear! I live in my Nike Lacrosse pullover, despite never having picked up one of those stick things before! I also love my classic Adidas track jacket, basic black leggings, and my Nike or Adidas sneakers. They’re easy to throw on and go out and run errands and since I’m confided to an uncomfortable uniform for days on end, when I can dress down, I’m quite content. I keep heeled sandals, dresses, fancy tops, ripped denim, and classic denim skirts in my wardrobe as well for days where I’m feeling super girly. 

Who is your fashion icon? Bare with me, I have a lot! Kendall and Kylie Jenner, fashion blogger Nadia Aboulhosn, youtubers like Lauren Elizabeth and Katy Bellote, and Actress Vanessa Hudgens. 

What do you feel is your greatest accomplishment? Right now, my job is probably my biggest accomplishment. It’s awesome to do what I love, sure, but when my family and friends recognize how wonderful and highly coveted my job is, I feel an immense sense of pride. 

What is your ‘must have’ accessory? Is my phone with a cute case on it an acceptable answer?! I love a cute bag/purse! A bag can make an outfit, and I’m all about bags at the moment! 

What advice can you give others that look towards you to gauge success? Keep pushing and “no” might mean "not right now". Leave room to grow, do what you can. Don’t compare yourself to someone else's story. Someone’s chapter 25 might be your chapter 1 and that’s perfectly okay! 

What advice can you give on failure? Keep trying. Don’t give up hope and when the efforts seem useless and you want to give up, don’t. There is a plan and a calling for you, once you find it, you’ll be so happy and your failures won’t matter when you’re content. 

What was your big break? I haven’t had it yet, but I can feel it coming! 

Are you a member of any organizations? Trade Organizations, etc. Right now, only my airline’s union and my sorority, lol. Do those count? 

What’s next for you? I foresee myself blogging, maybe venturing into youtube in the future, and definitely keeping up with my job. I’m trying to get to the 15 year mark… I’m only one year in #LongWayToGo

Until I can get my blog up and going, for now, Ill promote my socials (shameless plug). Follow me on twitter and instagram


Thanks, Ajaj!

xo,
KJB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...