WCW: Nat Meets World

It's Wednesday! So it's time to meet this week's #WCW! Meet Natalie Curtis! 


I've known Natalie my whole life and I can promise you're gonna love her!

Can you tell me about your background? School? What set you up for this endeavor?
Well, as far as school goes, i was a lost kid. WHAT 18 YEAR OLD KNOWWWWWS?? To make a choice on my entire future at such a young age set me up for failure. After I got my partying out of the way and realized I needed to get a degree in something, I opted for the medical field. I was a practicing surgical tech for ten years. Last year, I had the amazing opportunity to work with Lifeline of Ohio being a tissue tech. It was AMAZING, but the hours and schedule were hard. Very hard. Especially with young kids. So, I looked for something else. 
 When I started to want to lose weight, I realized I couldn't do it alone. I was introduced to the Nutrition Club scene by my friend. When I realized the benefits, and saw my progress I wanted more. I learned what I could about the business and I signed up as a Distributor. I worked in the Nutrition Club full time after that. However, I still wasn't 100% happy with my career. I was fortunate enough to be given an opportunity to work from home and it has been amazing. 


If you’re not doing it, what would your dream job be?
I mean, Herbalife is my dream. I have so much i can do with company and I can't wait to make some dreams come true. But let's be real, party planning and special occasions event planning is my calling. Ha ha. 


How important is social media to your business?
Social Media plays a huge role in my business. It is my way to reach out to my community. It is a way to touch base with my clients. It is my lifeline to the outside world. 

 What would you say is your personal brand is?
My personal brand is my passion. My passion to see others succeed. Nothing, and I mean nothing, brings me more joy than seeing my clients succeed. Watching them grow into themselves. Watching them do the things they once thought impossible. Seeing women gain confidence they never knew they had. Celebrating small and big milestones with them. That. That is why I do it. That is why I quit a career I loved to do this. That is my passion. 


What can others learn from you?
I feel that if i could teach someone one thing it would be to love. Just love the differences in one another. Love the imperfections in yourself. Just love. Because love, when used for the right reasons, is a powerful, powerful thing. 


How do you do under pressure? How do you handle stress?
I handle stress the way any mom and wife does. I take time to myself. I take time to unwind. I take time to examine myself. Reflect on myself. Accept myself. And everyday I try to do it a little better. I used to run. However, losing weight, starting a business, being a mom, being a coach, being a friend....it takes more than just running....its a spiritual and emotional journey. So everything makes a difference in your life. You have to work on all aspects of your life. So that's what I do. I de-stress by getting rid of the things that stress me out. I have, over the past year, tried to wipe myself clean of things that make me anxious, stressed or unhappy. And guess what, it works! Getting rid of the baggage you can't help or change and focusing on things in your life that matter, makes things so much clearer. 

What’s the average day in the life of Nat look like?
Oh gosh. Ha ha. Get up when the baby does. I usually try not to sleep past 8. Make my shake, have ny tea and take my tablets. Get the boys fed then go do something with them thats active. A bike ride, a walk, a run, a visit to the playground....something to wear them out. Ha ha. Late morning snack. Usually an apple and Herbalife Formula One "cookie dough" or a protein bar and beverage mix. Get the boys fed and then Finn naps. Finn naps for several hours usually. During this time, is when i try to work. I try to catch up with clients. Check in with them
 Meet with them. Ya know, do the rounds. Lol. Then it's time to get lunch, a shake for me, and whatever the boys want. We usually play outside for a bit and then it's time to clean the house up before Daddy gets home and to make dinner. Once Andrew gets home, it's like I get a second to breath. He is amazing at giving me those few minutes (sometimes several hours) to myself. If i teach class or have to coach at night, andrew does bedtime and dinner with the boys. But usually, After dinner its some playtime and bath, books and bed. Once the kids are asleep, it's time for Andrew and I. Then bed and do it all again tomorrow. Ha ha . 

Do you/Did you have a mentor/mentee?
Well...this is kind of tough. During my time with Herbalife I have worked with lots of great ladies. Among them, I was able to see where they excelled and I learned from them. They all have something they are very good at, and I am hoping i was able to take the best from all of them and use it in my everyday work life. So to answer the question, there have been several 


How did you advance your career?
Well...i am still working towards this. I am not where I want to be. It is a long process if you aren't working. 40+ hours a week. I wish i had the time, but being a mom to 2 kids all day doesnt leave tons of time. 
Why do you do what you do?
I do what I do because I know first hand what a life change is like. I never would have considered myself a "healthy" person. I never would have thought i would long for a run or workout. But here I am, wishing I had had time for a workout today. Ha ha  i eat right (most of the time) and I feel amazing. I do what I do because watching people, women especially, succeed in weight loss, healthier living, self loving and goal crushing...is priceless. It is life changing. 


How would you describe your personal style? 
Quick and easy. Just like my love making style. 


What makes up your wardrobe?
Ummm on a normal, meet clients and be a mom day, workout clothes. Maybe a hat. Ha ha. Depending on the last time o washed my hair. Which usually is no less than a week. 


Who is your fashion icon?
My fashion icon is probably.....Ellen. like...i love her quirky "I'm feminine" but "still a lesbian suit, sneaker combo". I mean...i don't really know if that makes her my "icon"? But...i dig whatever she wears usually. I base my wardrobe like....a notch above going to walmart, but maybe a little too nice for target. Is there an icon for that? 


What do you feel is your greatest accomplishment?
I mean my kids duh. Ha ha but....aside from those soul sucking, completely amazing, trouble making kids....i would say....myself. 
I have come a long way from who I was. Not only physically, but emotionally as well. I have a better relationship with my husband and my family and my kids...because I worked on me first. I think it gets really messy being an adult
 Trying to decide what matters most to you. What things you should prioritize, ya know? But....i think we need to remember that being in a healthy relationship with yourself is what is going to change the rest of your life. Loving yourself is going to make you love others more fiercely. If you don't love yourself, how in the world can you expect anyone else to? So yea, I'm my biggest accomplishment. Accomplishing self love when I was raised to cover up, be ashamed, be someone who I wasnt....its a feat. I ate because I felt like it was the only thing I could control. It was the only thing I could do that made me feel good. So that's what I did. I ate when I was sad. I ate when I was happy. I ate when I didn't want to feel anything. And i got big. And i hated myself. I was ashamed by my giant boobs. I covered them up because I knew it made people "uncomfortable." I thought the things I was "supposed" to think. And I was miserable. So I lost the weight, I gained the confidence and now I am the happiest I have ever been. I am who I should have been for 30 years. I am the loud mouthed, cleavage showing, confidant, libral, mom and wife that isn't scared of who she is. And im never going to apologize for it. 


What is your ‘must have’ accessory?
My phone. Doi he. But if not that, then an Herbalife pin on my shirt. (Sorry, I'm not fashion trendy....at all. Ha ha ) 


What advice can you give others that look towards you to gauge success?
Just do it. It's silly to tell you not to be scared or nervous. But....if you believe in something or someone and you are willing to change your life completely to do what you love....then do it. Or you will always wonder what could have been. 

What advice can you give on failure?
It happens. It happens so often. Yes. You're going to be disappointed. Yes, it will probably hurt. That is all ok. It is even ok to want to give up. But dont. Learn from your failures. See what you did wrong and do it differently next time. Without failure you won't have a way to improve. 


What was your big break?
I'm waiting! Ha ha . This is a funny question because, fingers crossed, I think my break is about to happen. So no details yet, but good vibes my way would be appreciated! 


Are you a member of any organizations? Trade Organizations, etc.
Hmmmm....i don't think so? Do they have like a Harry Potter Addicts Anonymous Organization? Cause i would be into that. 


What’s next for you?

So much. I am just starting to chip the iceberg in this company and in my life. I am working on starting an empire. A business where women support each other, love each other, work together for common goals, lift each other up and have the best time doing it. I'm in the market of building up a team of strong women to help me, so if you know anyone, send them my way! Ha ha. The future is bright. Like...a scary, end of the tunnel bright. Bright, none the less, tho.

Thanks, Nat!


xo,

KJB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...