WCW: The Samantha Show Meets World

Happy Hump Day, y'all! Meet this week's Woman Crush Wednesday....


Samantha of The Samantha Show!

----------

When did you start The Samantha Show? 
  • I've been blogging for almost 6 years but I blogged under 2 different names before settling on The Samantha Show.

Where did you come up with the name? 
  • I wanted it to be all encompassing. I blog about style, beauty, parenting, and more and I wanted it to be all about me and my life! 

Can you tell me about your background? School? What set you up for this endeavor? 
  • I attended Miami University in Oxford, OH and got my Bachelor's Degree in Strategic Communication. I worked in corporate for a few years before marrying my husband and moving to upstate NY with him. He then deployed and I started blogging as a way to cope. And it's since evolved! 

Is anyone else involved in The Samantha Show? 
  • I use different photographers and have a virtual assistant but the writing and content creation is all me. 

Is this your sole job? 
  • It is! Unless you count chasing my 3 and 5 year old around... which pretty much is a full-time job too! 

If you’re not doing it, what would your dream job be? 
  • This is definitely my dream job ♥ 

How important is social media to your business? 
  • 110% the most important. It allows me to interact with my followers and be real. 

 What would you say is your personal brand is? 
  • Real fashion for real women, mom style, real life probz. 

What can others learn from you? 
  • You can do anything and be anything. You don't have to compromise style because you're a mom. Be yourself and stay true. 

How do you do under pressure? How do you handle stress? 
  • Ehhhh it depends. Sometimes I handle it well and sometimes my anxiety gets the best of me. 

What’s the average day in the life of Samantha look like? 
  • Wake up, COFFEE, answer emails/publish post, get my kids ready for the day, take my son to school, workout, pick my son up from school, come home to work/feed them/clean house, make dinner, more work, bed! 

Do you/Did you have a mentor/mentee? 
  • I offered a mentorship program for awhile and mentored a ton of other girls. 

How did you advance your career? 
  • I've just worked really hard and stayed true to myself. It's still a work in progress but I have big plans and dreams. 

Why do you do what you do? 
  • I'm a very creative person and it allows me to be creative. I also love social media, working with brands, and meeting other badass women. 

How would you describe your personal style? 
  • Functional casual chic. 

What makes up your wardrobe? 
  • A lot haha I have a bit of a shopping problem! Jeans, sweaters, dresses, comfy tops, and workout clothes. 

Who is your fashion icon? 
  • Carrie Bradshaw

What do you feel is your greatest accomplishment? 
  • Being a mother but career wise, getting published in People StyleWatch. 

What is your ‘must have’ accessory? 
  • Hmmm maybe sunglasses? I need those. 

What advice can you give others that look towards you to gauge success? 
  • Success is something you feel. If you feel accomplished, you are. Don't let someone else determine that for you. 

What advice can you give on failure? 
  • It's going to happen. Pick yourself up and try again. 

What was your big break? 
  • Honestly I can't pinpoint one moment. It's all been a wild ride. 

Are you a member of any organizations? Trade Organizations, etc. 
  • Influencer networks, Style Collective, and Blog Societies. 

What’s next for you? What's next for The Samantha Show? 
  • Keep on keeping on. Working my butt off everyday to make my family and myself proud. 

Thanks, Samantha!

xo,

KJB

Keep up with Samantha here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...