WCW: Tying Luse Ends Ends Meets World

Time for another installment of WCW! Meet Ashli of Tying Luse Ends!





What do you do for a living?
I work for a university as an Emergency Preparedness Planner, as well as for Vineyard Vines.

Can you tell me about your background? School? 
I was raised in a military family and have finally found some roots here in Richmond, VA. I attended VCU for Homeland Security and PoliSci.

When did you start Tying Luse Ends? 
I started TLE back in December, a few months after our engagement! 



Here's how Ashli's fiance proposed


Where did you come up with this idea?
 My fiance has a particularly fun last name, so I was trying to think of something punny for hashtags for our wedding and decided to put my spin on "tying the knot" with "tying Luse ends." I decided I loved it so much I wanted to make it my wedding blog's name!

Is anyone else involved in it? 
Johnny helps me with post ideas, and I get inspiration from some of my favorite wedding sites/blogs/magazines, but I run it solo.

Is this your sole job? If not, what else do you do? 
I work two jobs, at a university and a clothing store. Outside of work I try my best to keep up with current events and the wedding and design world. And, in the sake of honesty, I'm an avid weekend-wine-drinker.

If you’re not doing it, what would your dream job be?
I would own my own wedding company (which, wink wink, is in the works)!

How important is social media to your business? 
Social media is a pivotal facet of any good company in this day and age. It allows you to engage with your followers, it attracts attention to your project, and it allows for better coverage of your work. I'm currently working on some ideas to bring further readers to my blog!


 What would you say is your personal brand is? 
My personal "brand" would be classic. I hope this answers the questions haha, but I like to live a life that is representative of my true self and I invest in things that are classic and will remain classic. I'm the type of person who appreciates experiences over material objects, and I like to keep my life really organized.

What can others learn from you? 
I've been a lot of places and done a lot of really great things in my 25 years. I always joke that I know all the random things that won't get me anywhere in life, except through several levels of Jeopardy. I would hope, though, that when people meet me their take away is that you can always be kinder and not everything has to be difficult. I've got a big heart and hope that's instilled in others.

How do you do under pressure? How do you handle stress? I'm surprisingly strong under pressure. I've dealt with a lot of things, so I've been able to really teach myself how to manage under pressure or stress. I've also taken up yoga which is a God send. It's important to meditate and to breathe.

What’s the average day in the life of Ashli look like? It's a lot of work (literally..I work all the time), but also a lot of fun. I try to make even the smallest portion of each day enjoyable, and that typically involves my fiance or our family. I keep a clean home and am always cooking. My day-to-day is a little different each week but I try to keep a routine when I can. I love going to the gym, so I try to fit that in before or after my work day.



Do you/Did you have a mentor/mentee? I wouldn't say I have, but I've gathered so much inspo from the internet, social media, and books I've read.

How did you advance your career? 
I worked really hard in college to learn and to grow and also to meet the right people and to network, so thus far, that's been what has particularly helped. However, I'm not where I'd love to be just yet, but I'm on the way!

Why do you do what you do? 
Right now, I do  what I do because I'm planning my own wedding and want it to be everything Johnny and I have dreamed of. Too, I want us to be able to start our lives together comfortably. My side projects (including my blog and my business plan), I work on because they bring me joy and will hopefully one day become my career.

How would you describe your personal style?  
I don't necessarily stay on trend, and I think that's okay. I like clean, color, and class (and always some sparkle).


What makes up your wardrobe? 
A lot of color! I also love textures and the occasional print (especially florals). I think everyone needs those solid staple items and a perfect nude heel. Every lady should also have at least one designer bag that they cherish like a small child (I call it my big girl bag). 

Who is your fashion icon? 
Audrey Hepburn. Gah, she's incredible. If you've not read up on her beyond her Hollywood fame, you definitely ought to. And, of course, Coco Chanel; you can't help but idolize one of the pioneers of women's fashion.

What do you feel is your greatest accomplishment? 
I'd say I've accomplished a lot, but I'm most proud of who I am at this moment. I'm not in my dream spot, but I'm getting there and am willing to work on it until I do!

What is your ‘must have’ accessory? 
I am always wearing pearl earrings and my engagement ring. 


What advice can you give others that look towards you to gauge success? 
It does not come over night! You have to really hone in on what you're pursuing and make it happen for yourself. 

What advice can you give on failure? 
It's inevitable. Failure may even come in different forms; you may not realize you're failing per say, but you might realize that you're not doing something the right way or your ideal way. Nonetheless, you're getting a learning experience and you'll grow from the trial. 

What was your big break? 
I wouldn't say I've had mine just yet. 

Are you a member of any organizations? Trade Organizations, etc. 
This is something I'm working on currently! 

What’s next for you? 
That's the million dollar question. Next year is my wedding, so I know that's a definitive event on the horizon. Otherwise, I'm hopeful to find my next step for my career and to get into a more creative role. 



Thanks, Shli!

xo,
KJB

Make sure to check out Tying Luse Ends and Ashli's social media here and here!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...