A Great Day to be Alive







Downtown Lancaster really knows what's up






The Dream Team

The Bailey Kids



July 31st, 2015 was a great day to be alive. That quickly became my catchphrase for the weekend.

My best friend came to town for our annual summer hang out and it just so happened to coincide with our 5 year reunion, let's be real... we planned it that way, but anyways...

We just had a great back to the basics visit! We haven't seen each other in little over a year, and with me finishing my degree and her starting her first year of teaching it was a pretty bad year for correspondence but our time together was fantastic!

She got here a half hour before I went to work for my first floor set-- I was at work from 8:30p-6:30a... Gotta love retail! On my commute home, I was looking around and wondering what the stories were around the people who were up and about at 6:30/7am on a Friday in the summertime- as a new adult I'm trying to remember if you're not a student or a teacher- summer isn't really anything more than a season that describes the weather.

As I came down the mountain into town, I started seeing runners- and that's where I was just like- who does that? Cut to coming home and my BFF was gone- she had gone for a run, oh.

Friday was a great day! After I had my 3 hour catnap and she came back from her run- she actually ran 13 miles that morning, I mean she's pretty awesome! Mom took us to breakfast at my fave, IHOP. We got to learn all about her exciting year and a day in the life of Leigh. We drove around downtown to show her the new things she had missed and where we would be spending the evening.

Friday night was our reunion, so we had dinner with 3 of our friends from high school and then met up with 6 other friends and just spent our evening together. There's something magical about walking through hometown late at night, trust that.

Saturday, we met up with the third member, Jackie, of our high school trio for dinner, and we seriously didn't miss a beat and she got her nose repierced. We've always gone together so that was so fun! We then took my sister and puppy brother to the park, walked around and took pictures and then went to get ice cream. We even ended up having a bonfire, HOLY THROWBACK!

Then Sunday, we played Sing It with my sister and watched Camp Rock 2 and Justin Bieber's Believe, because we're adults, and forever Beliebers. Mom made a fabulous dinner and then we chatted for a few more hours, the conversations you can have with best friends are indescribable.

This morning she left to go home but we have a plan for me to go visit sometime this school year. The perks of adulting.

xo,

KJB

Even as a child, it was hard for me when my friend left after a sleepover and that was only a day until I would see them again. So imagine my dismay that the only guarantee is to see my friend once every summer. 

But in the mail today I got a letter from one of my Akron BFFs with her daughter's 18th month pictures and then my Vogue Weddings coffee table book came! So I was sad to see her go, but happy for a distraction. That's the troubles of growing up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...