Farewell Tour






I'm still not sure how to go about writing this, the wound is still too raw, but I suppose I'll just share it how it happened and not get too deep... At the end of January, my little sister moved to North Dakota. The first time, she's truly been away from home with the exception of a week away in Arkansas with the church youth group. So we spent her last weekend doing things that she wanted to do. She got her hair done, where for an hour or so- she looked like the Mayor of Whoville, there was even quoting, because it's her favorite movie.




We talked about tattoos, but we didn't actually get them.


Then she chose lunch at Panera, where I discovered the cinnamon crunch scone- seriously, if you haven't had it- try it, and you'll never be the same! Of course, it's the least they could do after taking away my two favorite sandwiches, give me a delicious pastry in its place.









The next day, we met her girlfriend and her family for lunch at one of my favorite restaurants in town. We went to the mall- because I was sad, I made everyone wait 20 minutes for new cinnamon crunch scones, once you have it- you'll understand how it can bring happiness. Then we played Cards Against Humanity. It was a hilarious game- as you can imagine.







Then as I prepared for a nap- it was 12am and they were shipping out for their 17 hour drive, I wrote them both letters, crying of course.



Then mom woke me up at 3am, we sat around until 4am, we packed up their van and then hugged and waved good bye. It continues to be one of the hardest moments of my life. It's a new way of living. It hasn't been just mom and me since I was 4, it's so strange.






I miss Lil Bitch constantly, it's weird when I wake up that I don't have Puppy Brother or a sister anymore, but she's happy and she FaceTimed me when she made it to North Dakota, right on time to shove off the waterworks that were coming. She even reminded me to turn off lights, from a world away. 


xo,
KJB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...