Lost

Lost





I am lost.

I am a firm believer that each person is inherently different. What's right for Person A isn't what's right for Person B. So why is it that I'm forever comparing essentially my Step 6 to someone else's Step 26. My friend sent me the perfect article the other day: this.

And it was seriously such a great read! I had to send it on to a few of my other friends. It's such a great reminder. Same with this post.

You can't compare your beginning to someone else's middle. Intellectually I think we all know that. But it's easier said than done.

Our dreams are still so big. Our hopes aren't dashed. We pretend to be cynical and jaded but we're anything but. We may be realistic or realists but we're also part optimists, with a hint of pessimism. Just keeping it real. I know I am.

We're still young enough to want it all, intelligent to know we don't deserve it all but stubborn enough to think that we can still have it.

It's exhausting. It's the age old conundrum: sleep, friends, work-- something has to give. We have bills, you have to eat, you have to sleep, you need interactions. So what's the solution. You need all three- you need the perfect triangle. It can't be obtuse, acute or right.

It can be lonely. It feels lonely. But we're not alone in feeling lonely. I guess that makes it a little easier to handle.

I am lost. Maybe you are too.

xo,
KJB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...