I Am Not Your Negro


The Sunday of My Grown and Sexy Birthday Celebration Luncheon weekend, Mom and I went to OSU to see a showing of the James Baldwin documentary, I Am Not Your Negro... In my humble opinion, it's suggested viewing!

This is coming from the girl that say Get Out, three times in the span of a week... so yeah, clearly, I know what I'm talking about.

I Am Not Your Negro, is a fantastic doc, it's based on the 50 some pages of writing Baldwin had done on his friends: Medgar Evers, Malcom X and Martin Luther King, Jr. before his passing. Samuel L. Jackson is the narrator and he's paired with images and videos of the Civil Rights Movement.

You can read reviews here and here. You can learn more on the official website, here.





xo,
KJB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...