KJB About Town: Chicago Day Two, Saturday

Let's check out my second day in Chicago...

Saturday, March 4, 2017



The next day, we woke up and had yogurt and granola, our old school favorite, though it wasn't Mrs. Roberts' homemade granola, it was still a blast from the past in a way.

After having to be up at 7am on Friday to get ready to go to the airport, it was magical to not have to get up and do anything, we honestly didn't start out on our adventure until 1pm!

We drove from her apartment in the South Side (The Obamas' House had been down the street!) to her old stomping ground, Wicker Park.






From Wicker Park, we headed to... THE BEAN!

I had literally tworequest upon my visit from my friend, to go to The Bean! Cause, your girl LOVES photos! The second- the river they turn green... though I knew I was early (a week to be exact).

My friend came through.


My FAVORITE photo






After The Bean (Cloud Gate), we WALKED- yup!- my FitBit was doing OVER time, we saw the river, honestly- besides it being on Michigan Ave, I have NO idea what it's called...



Still not sure what this is called, or what's happening (please comment below if you know this).

But why were we walking you may be wondering...


We were going to the Sears Building. I had been when I went with my church in 8th grade. But instead of going to the Observation Deck and spending a bajillion dollars and hours in line, being we were all 21- we went to...


The Signature Room, honestly- do yourself a favor and GO TO THE SIGNATURE ROOM!


My BFF and her BF had a beer, me- I got the cheesecake. Honestly, "No RAGRETS."


The Signature Room seriously has the BEST view, even better- the Ladies' Room.


View from the Ladies' Room

Views from the Ladies' Room

Views from the Ladies' Room


Then because, the day wasn't just already the TITS... we walked to the Sprinkles Cupcake ATM. Please know that if I were to move to Chicago, I would need to live as close to this place as my budget would allow.



After Sprinkles, we went to Pequiod's for deep dish pizza. IT WAS BOMB.com.


After the pizza, we went to see Get Out (my third time in five days).


My second day in Chicago was a rip roaring success!

xo,
KJB

There's still one more!

Stay tuned...


See more of my Chicago adventures here, here and here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...