Flashback Fashion Friday: Wedding Attendee Attire

As y'all already know I attended a wedding last weekend! While everyday you should be feeling yourself, trust I was feeling myself something fierce- the cardinal rule of weddings: DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT WEARING WHITE.

Honestly people, if you're not the bride and haven't been asked by the bride to wear white- don't wear it, if that's all you have- 1. you're a liar. 2. stay home!


So knowing my close friends was getting married and I would being getting to take part- I knew I needed to find the perfect dress!

I searched high and low and came up with this dress from Lane Bryant. Naturally, though it had been hanging in my room for over a month, I didn't try it on until the day of, like an idiot... so imagine my surprise when my strapless bra and the dress combined wrapped itself around me the way a Boa constrictor might give you a hug.

So I eightysixed that bra hella fast, and to my delight- realized that the dress would do all the work! Yahtzee!


After the dress, I had to decide how I wanted my nails. Cause honestly- if you take one thing away from your interaction with me, it's that I LOVE NAILS! Love it (by the way, are you watching Claws?!)

So after much consideration- I decided on white nails. A summer staple. While I have a pretty steady hand- white nail polish is something, I personally don't think you can do yourself. So I went to the salon and got a Dip and Buff manicure. WORTH IT. I'm still obsessed and it's been over a week (10 days to be exact.)

After realizing my nails on my hands and toes would be white- it's really a polished look for your manicure and pedicure to match- HOT TIP. I knew that I needed black shoes.

So imagine my delight at finding these. Cute as hell and comfy too. Giving the dress some umphf without adding too much height.


Then came the jewelry... Unfortunately, there were no close-ups because I was already in route to the wedding before I realized I should've taken more photos (being I don't have an Instagram husband or boyfriend... my mother was at home and my friends give me a lot of shit).



Here are the earrings in white and in pink from Bauble Bar. I obvi wore white. I wore two rings from Dreamland Jewelry, my dirty little secret. You can see the rings here and here.

My make-up, ya know that make-up that I can count on one hand the amount of times I've worn it in 2017, was natural with my FAVORITE nude lip: Teddy from NYX Lingerie.


My purse was my favorite purchase from Target in while. I got it back in January for a sorority event.

So that's what I wore.
xo,
KJB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...