WCW: Royal Enchantment Events Meet World Part Two

It's Wednesday! So you know what that means... time for another installment of Woman Crush Wednesday!

Here's a two part WCW of Royal Enchantment Events LLC with Alyssa Whiddon!






When did Royal Enchantment Events LLC get its start?
Alex got the company liscensed in the fall of 2014. By winter, I joined her in her endeavor, and we got things up and running with a few parties, by spring of 2015.


Can you tell me about your background? School? What set you up for this endeavor?
Ever since I was a little girl, I loved pretending that I was a princess. Make believe and creating games was always my favorite pastime, aside from reading. I loved to sing and dance, and that transferred over to a love of theatre. I graduated from The University of Akron with my BA in Theatre Arts: Musical Theatre. I spent my days in voice lessons, acting seminars, and dance classes. Throughout college I spent a lot of time babysitting to make some extra cash. Children have such beautiful minds and are so impressionable. Its so much fun to be around them and look at the world through their eyes. When Alex asked me to be a part of her company, I jumped at the opportunity. Alex and I get along like close sisters, so it has served us well.


What all does Royal Enchantment Events do? What are your products?
Aside from princess character entertainment, we have started to branch out with our characters and events. Recently, we were involved with a “Through the Looking Glass” fundraiser at the Cleveland Botanical Gardens. We took a slightly darker spin on the characters from Wonderland.


Is this your sole job? If not, what else do you do?
During the week, I also work for Signet Jewelers in their Special Orders Department. I work with the entire process of ordering and expediting custom jewelry orders for Kay, Jared, and other jewelry retailers under the Signet name.


If you’re not doing it, what would your dream job be?
Ideally, my goal is to be on Broadway and/or in national tours. Being a musical theatre actress is my passion. I would also love to work for the USO Show Troupe. As long as I can continue my life performing, I will be happy.


How important is social media to your business?
Our business thrives on social media. It is the basis of our advertising and outreach. Most of our events are booked from social media advertising and networking.


What would you say is your personal brand is?
My personal brand would be a dreamer who strives to be the best she can and leaving her kind and compassionate mark on the world.


What can others learn from you?
That if you love what you do, it can be the most rewarding experience, not only for you, but for others as well. I spend my days making children’s dreams come true. It is truly fulfilling.




How do you do under pressure? How do you handle stress?
I live in a constant state of stress and anxiety, but I feel like most creative people are that way. I put a lot of pressure on myself and that seems to help get the gears moving and the ideas flowing. I love working in fast paced environments. Working our events require lots of improv and the ability to be quick on your feet.


Do you/Did you have a mentor/mentee?
Honestly, my friends push me more than anything else. They see more in me than I do in myself quite honestly. They push me to always be better and work on my craft. I’m forever thankful for them. I love being able to work with them in this endeavor.


How did you advance your career?
With Royal Enchantment Events, I’ve advanced by offering my help in any way I can. Anything I can do to take the load off of Alex makes me feel better. I'm not afraid to get in and get my hands dirty. Whenever we have a challenge, I always volunteer to be a part of conquering it.




Why do you do what you do?
Alex states it perfectly. We are making dreams come true, and that is one of the most rewarding experiences.


How would you describe your personal style?
If I could have a mix of vintage bohemian, that is my ideal. I love being comfy though, so half the time I end up in leggings and a sweater. When I’m really showing off my style, I tend to be old fashioned and naturalistic.





What makes up your wardrobe?
Leggings, v-necks, ALL the t-shirt dresses, skinny jeans, and LAYERS. Hats are probably my guilty pleasure.


Who is your fashion icon?
I don’t know if I actually have a style icon. Most of the outfit combos and ideas that I love come from Pinterest. I love capitalizing on my red hair, so I created a style board called Red-head Style that really shows off who I am.




What do you feel is your greatest accomplishment?
I would say that all of my experience and training culminating to the point that I am represented by an agency in LA that submits me for Broadway auditions and I have a scholarship to the New York Film Academy to continue my training. I would not be in the position that I am if I didn't have friends like Alex, who have recognized my talents and continue to push and support me.


What is your ‘must have’ accessory?
Lipstick and some sort of sweater or scarf, because I’m a freeze baby.


What advice can you give others that look towards you to gauge success?
DO NOT GIVE UP. Honestly, everything will get in your way, and you will lose sight of your goals, but you must believe that you can achieve them. Do not be afraid to ask for help and look to your friends and family to guide you when you don’t know where else to turn.


What advice can you give on failure?
As an actor, you learn that rejection and failure half the time has absolutely nothing to do with you. Never take it personally and use the failure to fuel your success.


What’s next for you? What’s next for Royal Enchantment Events?
Next for me is New York. Not entirely sure when I will make the full transition, so for now, I’m putting a lot into Royal Enchantment Events. We are looking to expand the company and continue making dreams come true. I’m behind Alex every step of the way, looking to make us bigger and better.





Thanks Alyssa!

xo,

Read Part One: here

Keep up with Royal Enchantment Events LLC: here


***Did you hear the good news:
Royal Enchantment Events LLC officially merged with Imaginos Productions last week, which is super exciting because the two companies bring different talents and different things to the table. It also allows for more coverage of Ohio and a larger opportunity to grow! 😀

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...