MCM: Jai Perrin Meets World

Back to the grind, it's the first Monday in June. So as promised, a new feature: Man Crush Monday! Hopefully this will get you out of those Monday blues. 

Meet our first MCM: Jai Perrin! 




Can you tell me about your background? School? 

I have my Bachelors in Marketing Management 

And I'm self taught, Graphic Design & Photography

What do you do for a living?

I am a full time Marketing Project Coordinator & Graphic Designer at Cargill

And a part time Model/Actor with Pro-Model & Talent Management 

If you’re not doing it, what would your dream job be?

My dream is to get more into modeling and acting, while using my marketing background to better promote myself. 

And also keeping up with my design and photography in my free time. 

How important is social media to your business?

Social media is very important, it's how I market and inform the public on what my company does and upcoming events for my full time job. 

And how I communicate myself and my brand to other artists, businesses, and productions as an all around artist. Social media is the new handshake and first impression now! 

What would you say is your personal brand is?

My personal brand is me! Which embodies Creativity as a whole. Whenever people think Creativity I want them to think of me, and my work. I am in love with the arts of all forms, which is why I'm a music junkie, photographer, graphic designer and model/actor, and probably more to come. All these things help me to change the world with my personality! 


What can others learn from you?

Just to keep creating, have your own style and be proud of it. Don't be afraid to try things and fail at them, because that's how you learn. We created things at kids and it made us so happy,free and accomplished. So keep that mentality and let it drive you to be different and try everything you want to try, life is short. 

How do you do under pressure? How do you handle stress?

I don't stress, I take things as they come. At the end of the day there is no point in stressing over things you can't change. There's always a positive in every situation. 

What’s the average day in the life of Jai look like?

Wake up get fresh because you look good, you feel good. Then work, typically on multiple things at once (ADD/Millennial probs) and give it my all whether it's my day job, or any part time work. Then I always work out (weights/Cardio), it helps me to look and feel good as well and just be overall healthy. It seems like I'm always working on something never much time to sit down. 


Do you/Did you have a mentor/mentee?

I would say my uncle was my mentor growing up. Dude is a genius (how could you not look up to the former CFO of Chase bank). 

But as far as today I just look up to my peers and what makes them great at what they do. Top people in my industry and just overall leaders to see why they are so accomplished and excel at what they do. 

How did you advance your career?

I advanced by putting myself out there and always being willing to try new things. I've never been afraid to fail and I do all the time and it's made me better, and the knowledge helped me to continuously move forward! 

Why do you do what you do?

I do everything I do because it makes me happy. It's my expertise and my way of expressing myself to the world. 

Who or what is your greatest inspiration?

My mom inspires me, she is the hardest working, nicest, caring person you will ever meet. She's a fighter and been knocked down and faced adversity so many times, but she just faces it learns new traits and ways to solve problems and get better every time! 

What do you feel is your greatest accomplishment?

My greatest accomplishment thus far is graduating college. That was huge to be the first in my immediate family to have a degree and set that example. 

Do you have a ‘must have’ accessory? Or something you feel is your signature look?

My must have accessory that I would say is something I didn't even notice. I wear a bracelet on my right wrist and it just has to be there. 

What advice can you give others that look towards you to gauge success?

Be yourself because it's more than good enough, believe in that. Don't be afraid to try things. Do be afraid to fail, and get back up. There's nothing in this world that you can't do. 

What advice can you give on failure?

Do it! It's the best way to learn. Just get back up learn from it and try again!

What was your big break?

My big break recently was when I got my big fulltime job and auditioned to go to IMTA New York and got it all the same week! 

Are you a member of any organizations? Trade Organizations, etc.

Pro-Model & Talent Management 
Tau Kappa Epsilon Fraternity

What’s next for you? 

A bunch of Photoshoots with me as a model, and with me as a photographer. More original designs. acting training. Then IMTA New York 2017



thanks Jai!

xo,
KJB

Keep up with Jai by following:


His IG/Twitter: @ThatDoubleOkid

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...